We are a small team from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Office of Public Health Studies, under the direction of Dr. Tetine Sentell. Other team members include Uliana Kostareva, from the School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, and AJ Patil. So far, we have:
– Adapted the survey to American English (20-05-20)
– Added a few questions related to information sources, social networking, and others to assist our US partner university surveys (20-05-22)
– Redeveloped consent form, sampling frame (20-05-22)
– Submitted IRB regulatory paperwork (20-05-27)
– Received IRB notice of approval for human research (20-05-28)
– Partnered with Qualtrics experience management team to disseminate survey (20-06-30)
– Launched survey (20-07-11)
In this pilot phase, we hope for 150 respondents, closely aligned to American university student population demographics and socioeconomic characteristics. Additional respondents’ data may come from other American university partners.
Thank you for including us in the consortium and for all of your efforts thus far!
Quick update: We are sampling 250 respondents, not 150 respondents.
Also, we are working closely with Dr. Jennifer Manganello and Molly Hadley of the Public Health Communication Lab at the University of Albany. They are administering the survey to 250 respondents recruited via social media campaigns.